I first made this recipe when I hosted for Thanksgiving 2018, my guests were flabbergasted as they thought it was sweet potato fries. Haha. This is a nice alternative if you’re on a low-carb/low-cal diet as it is very low in calories and you can have as many “fries” you want without feeling guilty.
Here’s the link for the tutorial on how to cut the carrots into matchsticks. It’s super fast and easy.
- 3 pounds carrots, peeled, julienned or 3 large carrots
- 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- freshly ground pink Himalayan salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- PAM oil spray for baking
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F. Line the baking sheet with foil and spray it with PAM spray. This will prevent the carrots from sticking to the foil and the foil is for easy cleanup afterwards.
- Toss the carrots in oil, salt, pepper and rosemary in a boil and put them on the lined baking sheet.
- Roast and toss occasionally until tender and browned. About 30-40 minutes.
***If you are going to pair this with the garlic butter salmon recipe, follow the pre-heating instructions from the salmon recipe and make sure you put the carrots in first before anything else, as it will take longer with the lower baking temperature.